Monday, April 12, 2010

Sage Advice

sage
–adjective
wise, judicious, or prudent
(Dictionary.com)

I was just talking with Sage about what she wanted to do with her birthday money, i.e. how she wanted to divide it between her spending money, savings, etc. She brought in her $15 and said she wanted to put the $10 bill in the bank savings and the $5 bill in the "spending-right-now money". I asked her if she meant the $10 in the spending-right-now money. She said, "No, because if you spend money on something you really, really, really want right now, it doesn't really matter. What matters most is saving it in the bank for college or buying a car." I hope she is always so wise with her money! I could learn a thing or two from her.

2 comments:

N. Tipps said...

or for buying some shoes...Is that what you wanted to say to her? :)

Beth said...

Uh Oh, she's already saving for a car! She's counting down the days till she's 16!
Sage is such a sweet, gentle girl! Glad she had a great birthday.