My sweet Sage turned 7 today. But, I feel like we've been celebrating for a week!



When we were planning her birthday party, she told me she wanted a Paula Dean party. (If you don't know who Paula is, she's a famous chef who also has a show on Food Network, Sage's favorite channel.) I told her I didn't think any of her friends would know who Paula Dean was, but we could still have a cooking-themed party. After a short Google search, I found the perfect party plan for my little chef. 7 girls (for 7 years) received invitations on recipe cards "A Recipe for: Sage's Chef Birthday Party". (Sage has LOTS of friends, so it was REALLY tough for Sage to narrow the list, but I knew I couldn't handle any more sweet girls than that.) On Friday April 9th, they brought their aprons and came ready to create in the kitchen. The party started off with each "chef" creating their very own personal lasagna in a foil loaf pan. While the lasagnas baked, the girls made and ate Salad-on-a-Stick (fresh veggie kabobs). And of course, every second they weren't busy "cooking" they ran around, giggled, and squealed. Then the girls shared their thoughtful gifts with Sage. After that, the chefs ate their lasagnas, played a few more giggly, squealy games, took some silly pictures, and then enjoyed Sage's Apron birthday cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Saturday, we continued the celebrating with cashing in Sage's Red Robin Birthday Club free kid's meal coupon for dinner with the fam. One of Coby's office assistants, Kim, was just finishing her serving shift at Red Robin and shared a special gift with Sage, then she got sung too by the Red Robin crew, balloons, birthday sundae and all.
Then, today, on her actual birthday, Sage got to go to Grandma and Grandpa Tippetts' house after church to celebrate her birthday with her grandma and grandpa, cousins, and aunts and uncles that live in the area. A few of them had April birthdays too, so it was quite a party. I think Sage felt pretty special. As she should... she's a special girl.
I LOVE YOU, SAGE!



When we were planning her birthday party, she told me she wanted a Paula Dean party. (If you don't know who Paula is, she's a famous chef who also has a show on Food Network, Sage's favorite channel.) I told her I didn't think any of her friends would know who Paula Dean was, but we could still have a cooking-themed party. After a short Google search, I found the perfect party plan for my little chef. 7 girls (for 7 years) received invitations on recipe cards "A Recipe for: Sage's Chef Birthday Party". (Sage has LOTS of friends, so it was REALLY tough for Sage to narrow the list, but I knew I couldn't handle any more sweet girls than that.) On Friday April 9th, they brought their aprons and came ready to create in the kitchen. The party started off with each "chef" creating their very own personal lasagna in a foil loaf pan. While the lasagnas baked, the girls made and ate Salad-on-a-Stick (fresh veggie kabobs). And of course, every second they weren't busy "cooking" they ran around, giggled, and squealed. Then the girls shared their thoughtful gifts with Sage. After that, the chefs ate their lasagnas, played a few more giggly, squealy games, took some silly pictures, and then enjoyed Sage's Apron birthday cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream.Saturday, we continued the celebrating with cashing in Sage's Red Robin Birthday Club free kid's meal coupon for dinner with the fam. One of Coby's office assistants, Kim, was just finishing her serving shift at Red Robin and shared a special gift with Sage, then she got sung too by the Red Robin crew, balloons, birthday sundae and all.
Then, today, on her actual birthday, Sage got to go to Grandma and Grandpa Tippetts' house after church to celebrate her birthday with her grandma and grandpa, cousins, and aunts and uncles that live in the area. A few of them had April birthdays too, so it was quite a party. I think Sage felt pretty special. As she should... she's a special girl.
I LOVE YOU, SAGE!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Sage! We loved your cake. It looked so yummy! It sounds like you had a very fun birthday! We love you! Love, Annika and Aly
What an adorable and fun birthday party!!! I bet Paula Dean would be honored. What a sweet, special girl Sage is!!!
Post a Comment