Friday, March 5, 2010

Family Prayer

I love our tradition of family prayer every night and morning. The evening prayer is particularly special, since we aren't rushing for the school bus. After jammies are on, we usually traipse upstairs and kneel in a circle in the loft. The babies usually sit on our laps, but this past week, Mira started kneeling all by herself. Of course I have to sneak peaks at the little cutie, and she knelt with her eyes closed and arms folded the entire prayer one night. I just had to capture this kodak moment, so a couple nights later, I irreverently brought the camera up to family prayer. Of course, the perfect moment had come and gone, and she was a little more wiggly this night. But, oh, don't you just want to kiss her!

Mira at family prayer.


Reese and Mira: Hugs and kisses after prayer.

Reese and Mira: Aftermath of the hugs.

If we don't hold them up, they hug so hard they topple right over.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

What a precious little girl! I love the picture!

N. Tipps said...

Adorable. I can't wait to see all of them.

ClistyB said...

Shalyce Johns how on earth do you get Mira to hold still while you BRAID HER HAIR?! Now that is an accomplishment!

Kayelynn said...

Now this is just adorable!

Erin Curtis said...

You got the prayer picture! All right! Even more than holding still for prayers I'm wondering how they hold still for braids. =)