Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky Ride


The Luck o' the Irish was with Sage this sunny St. Patrick's Day... Coby and I have been trying to get Sage to learn to ride a bike sans training wheels since before the babies were born. Last year, she just kept stubbornly saying, "when I turn seven..." We didn't know if she'd ever get up the guts (even though she rides her bike balancing between those pesky training wheels). Today after school she went across the street to play with her neighbor friend. I looked out the window and what did I see? Sage riding this little kiddie bike WITHOUT training wheels! WAY TO GO SAGE! Well, she showed us after all the pressure we put on her; we didn't even get to cheer her on in her first independent moments! I grabbed the camera and ran out the door to at least get the event documented. Hopefully one of these days, she'll want to try her new skill on her "big" bike that's actually almost too small for her now.

Sage - no training wheels.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yea Sage! That is so great! Congratulations on riding without training wheels! As Annika watched your video she told me she is going to try to ride her bike without training wheels this summer! We'll see how it goes!

Autumn said...

Way to go Sage! Kid are so funny:)

Kayelynn said...

I just knew today was a lucky day! How fun you caught it all on camera!

Tash said...

Sage, I think you need a bigger ride!! You have really outgrown your bike, haven't you!! You look so cute in your stylin' bike helmet, cruising along! I'm so proud of you, of course!! Love, Grandma Tash