Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sage...Are you missing something?

Sage FINALLY lost her first tooth tonight. Not without much pushing, pulling, and twisting by mom, and lots of prayers from Sage. In the past couple years, she has often prayed that she would lose a tooth. Sage is probably the only kid in her first grade class with a perfectly complete set of baby teeth. Her prayers renewed in earnest this past weekend when I realized the permanent tooth had come in behind the baby tooth that was just starting to get wiggly and I threatened the dentist. Thank goodness Sage was a good sport about letting us work on loosening her tooth despite the discomfort. Grandma Tash made Sage a special "Tooth Pillow" (just like Coby had when he was little) a couple years ago in anticipation of this milestone in Sage's life. Before Sage went to bed tonight, she slid that little baby tooth in the yellow tooth pillow pocket in hopes that the Tooth Fairy would put a dollar in the pocket sometime in the night. I hope that Tooth Fairy doesn't forget!

4 comments:

ClistyB said...

Dear Sage,
I am in the second grade and I still have not lost any of my teeth. I know how you must have felt all those years.
You are so lucky.
Love,
Gwen

Autumn said...

Lucky girl. Dylan still has all his.

Nicole said...

Yea Sage for loosing your tooth! Annika says thank you for being a good cousin to me when I played with you. We love you!

Love,
Nicole and family

Janell said...

That is just so cute! Can you believe she is getting so grown up!