Monday, June 22, 2009

1st Birthday Party

The birthday party was fun - for the babies too, I think! Tasha and the Davidson crew, and our dear adopted Aunt Stacy from next door joined us for the celebration. The babies really never cease to amaze or surprise me. They have such different personalities, and just when I think I've got them pegged, they flip flop. Birthday Cake was one such situation...

Mira, my picky eater who puts everything to her nose or her lips before she tries it (if she tries it), dug right in to her first taste of the chocolaty deliciousness, no reservations.


Reese actually picked at the cream on her yummy cake with her little thumb and forfinger for what seemed like five minutes - boy were we surprised. We thought she'd be the one to go at the cake double fisted, since that's how she eats everything else. I think with all those eyes on her, Reese's stranger anxiety won out over her love of eating. Who'd a thought? This picture is after Coby broke the cake into more manageable pieces - she still didn't much go for it.
Video of the first bites...


Getting sprayed off in the sink by daddy...





3 comments:

Amanda C said...

Too cute. A year goes by pretty fast with two! I can't believe my "twins" are almost four. Sometimes I wish we could just freeze time.

Janell said...

They are so adorable. I think I hear Heather's laugh in the background maybe? So fun, I lobe their little hair bows, it's hard to believe our babies are one isn't it!!! Happy Birthday Mira and Reese!

Ralina said...

So cute. It's so fun to have their 1st birthday.